Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Digital Natives Stand Alone Presentation

Digital Natives Stand Alone Presentation

Above is the link to my Stand Alone Power Point Presentation on Author Share.  The main purpose of my presentation was to give a brief definition of what a digital native is and then to give examples of what it looks like, what it means, and what we can do about it.  The main idea of the digital native presentation is to educate our youth on digital literacy and new media.  We shouldn't allow our youth to become targets for advertising and marketing.  We should be creating the appropriate learning environments for our students and giving them the adequate skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the digital age.  We need to put an end to the stereotypes and begin treating the digital native as it truly is, a subset of a group.  The way that youth learn, create, invent, etc.  So let us all strap in and enjoy the wonderful ride that we call education!

5 comments:

  1. Mary,
    Some of my thoughts about polishing your presentation:

    1) Music on first slide. You can hide in ppt by clicking on the sound object, select “playback” and check the box for ‘Hide during Show’
    2) Quotation marks going the wrong way on slides 3 & 4
    3) Slide 9 the words are hard to read.
    4) I felt like the slides were going a little too fast for me to take it in. I had to pause or go back several times.

    Your Homo Sapiens Digital slide was good. I have one similar in mine.

    Good message. I could follow it throughout the presentation.

    Really liked your choice of music, upbeat and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice presentation. Your message was clear without and the pictures mostly supported your message. There were a few slides I was confused on (the question mark dice I didn't find to be particularly clear), and a few minor mistakes that would have made your presentation a little more professional, but nothing too major. I would have liked to have seen a cleaner font style, and I didn't think your music matched your theme. Overall, it is clear that you understand the text and can communicate it via pictures and text to others. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea you were trying to get across. I disagree with Megan, I actually liked your question slide. It was a great introduction to the things we can do. I agree that the sound icon could be hidden on the first slide, but that is something minor. I liked the music your chose as well. It was very upbeat and positive. I also feel that embedding the presentation into your blog would have been beneficial. However, if you have an internet connection like mine, it took a very long time for the presentation to embed into the blog properly. Overall, I liked the idea you were trying to get across and the pictures you used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your presentation was well put together. I am seeing that I have a lot of revision to do on mine after watching the other presentations. This is all new to me and I am learning so much seeing what my classmates are doing. I enjoyed the slides and I thought they were clear and told what you thoughts and feelings are toward digital media.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary,

    I thought your presentation was very well put together! Although I could follow your slides super easy it would've been nice it they were just a little slower...I think I have that problem in mine as well! I could really understand the meaning behind each of your slides. Watching yours makes me want to add more to mine and change some things around. I agree with Angela I also liked your question slide...it really i a great way to introduce things that we can do in our classroom. Your pictures all stood out and everything seemed to flow overall!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete